Do you feel happy? Do you love yourself?
Happiness is nothing more than good health. A happy you is a healthy you. Your body is your prized possession. And so you must take good care of it.
It is important to have a clean mind and a healthy body to lead a happy life. With today’s hectic lifestyle and given stress, everyone opts for ways to de-stress the mind, body and soul.
Ayurveda is an ancient practice. It is the world’s oldest holistic health science that tells us the art of proper living to achieve a disease-free long life. Moreover, it emphasizes preventive and healing therapies along with numerous purification methods.
Did you know – Panchakarma is capable of cleansing you inside out and is indeed a refreshing experience.
Being one of the ancient techniques in Ayurveda, it is an important purification and detoxification treatment methods.
Panchakarma is the ultimate method in mind-body healing, detoxification. And one of the most effective healing modalities in Ayurveda. It not just detoxes or cleanses your body but at the same time, it rejuvenates your mind as well as body.
Panchakarma is a Sanskrit term meaning Five Treatments or Actions. It is a process that constitutes of five methods to balance out the doshas and corrects the imbalance in your body.
Firstly, it cleanses your body tissues deeply, removes the toxins accumulated due to disease, poor nutrition and environment. Second is the removal of toxins, waste matter from the body, which helps in restoring good health and well-being of an individual.
The detoxification process starts with a preparative action followed by the therapy and then rejuvenation. Throughout these stages, a strict diet and lifestyle are to be implemented. The three stages are as follows: –
- Purvakarma – Few pre-purification measures like diet adjustments, pre-oleation and oil massage in the body (Abhyanga) are done to prepare the body before the onset of detoxification processes.
Now, there are two procedures in this stage – Snehan i.e the oil massage and Svedana is sweating implemented immediately after the oil massage.
- Panchakarma – There are five therapeutic ways to remove toxins from the body which constitute the Panchakarma. The cleansing methods are as follows –
Vamana – Therapeutic Vomiting or Emesis
Virechana – Purgation therapy
Nasya – Elimination of toxins through the nose
Basti – Enema therapy
Raktamoskshana – Detoxification (purification & cleansing) of the blood
- Rasayana – The restorative and rejuvenating measures that comprise of diet, supplements, and the choice of lifestyle, to be followed after the detoxification process.
- Eliminates toxins from your body and mind and thereby strengthens tissue functions.
- Helps in balancing all the three doshas, thereby improves health and wellness.
- Strengthens and boosts the immune system that makes you more resistant to illnesses.
- Slows down the degenerative processes of the body and your ageing process.
- Helps in implementing a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Reduces stress
- Improves relaxation, strength, endurance, tolerance, energy and vitality.
- Brings about deep relaxation and sense of well-being.
Ayurveda endorses Panchakarma as a seasonal treatment for maintaining mental and physical balance. Undoubtedly, it is a highly specialized technique that is designed specifically to each person based on his needs such as Ayurvedic constitution type, dosha imbalance, age, immune status and many more factors. Depending on these factors, all or few steps out of the five Panchakarma therapies are followed.
To sum up, Panchakarma is a natural, powerful tool of cleansing and rejuvenating program for the body, mind and the soul; that has beneficial effects on overall health.
The greatest gift to you is your health; so, let’s start pampering and taking care of it naturally.