“Eating almonds everyday makes you sharper by the day”, is something my grandmother would insist on as she’d hand me the soaked almonds every morning. And she is right. Badam Giri, is more commonly known as California Almond in English and just Badam in Hindi and is absolutely flush with benefits for your entire body.
Badam’s scientific name is “Prunus Fenzliana“. A distant relative of plums, it originates from trees native to Iran but are essentially cultivated in other regions.
A rich source of Vitamin E and protein two very sought after nutrients, Badam Giri is one of the most powerful superfoods. In addition, it also happens to be packed with calcium, iron and fiber.
For the appropriate growth and harvest of Almonds it is very essential for bees to pollinate their trees and the almond farmers/growers are pretty prudent about creating a prosperous environment for these bees.
Fun Fact: The honey that the bees make after having pollinated said trees is bitter and has to be further processed on to be made consumable.
Another amazing thing about Badam Giri is that from their milk to their oil, everything is extremely nutritious in multiple ways, no less.
Badam Giri for Hair
- Packed with Omega fatty acids 3 and 6, they promote a healthy flow of blood to the scalp.
- Rich in Vitamin E, which provides the hair with a strong base to grow.
- The fatty acids consequently make the hair strong and lustrous.
- Apt consumption can also result in softer and silkier hair.
- If your hair gets frizzy, you might want to start eating almonds immediately.
- Also, studies show that they can help in delaying the graying of hair
- Reducing hairfall is another benefit.
- By helping the body get the Vitamins A, D, B1 and B2 in sufficiency, almonds aid in curing dandruff.
- Reduces flakiness in hair.
- Lessen hair breakage by supplementing the scalp with the needed vitamins.
- Furthermore, they nourish the scalp enough to soothe any inflammation or reduce the chances of it.
- In addition to the above, almonds can also help in preventing the damage that hair styling products could cause.
Fun Fact: Out of many varieties of almonds available, one particular type is green. Yes, green almonds exist!
For The Skin
- The Vitamin E and the antioxidants in almonds nourish the skin deeply.
- Consequently, it helps create new cells and repair the damaged ones.
- Proper and regular consumption definitely results in supple skin which is also smooth to touch.
- To protect yourself against the sun, you could apply either Badam Giri oil or milk on your skin.
- Traditionally, they were also used to heal skin wounds and can be used to reduce the marks of scars.
- Almond oil has proved efficient in reducing dark circles as well.
- The oil and milk both, act as great natural make-up removers, and obviously are totally side-effect free.
- Almond face packs are a great way to rejuvenate tired skin and get rid of wrinkles.
- Acne is another skin problem that can be solved by consuming almonds.
- They are also highly recommended to treat issues like “atopic eczema“.
- If you have dry skin you should surely try including almonds in your diet.
Fun Fact: Almonds rank among the most popular nuts in the world.
For The Body
- Almonds can be used as inner exfoliators for the body to help get the impurities out.
- Almond oil massages have been known to relax the body for ages.
- Working too hard? Got puffy eyes? Apply some almond oil before sleeping and you’ll see positive changes.
- Also, you can apply some on your eyelashes and eyebrows to help them grow.
- Almonds have always been famous when it comes to retaining the health of the eyes and to improve eyesight.
- They aid in controlling diseases like diabetes, cancer and obesity because they are suffused with nutrients.
- As they are a very good source of good cholesterol, they also help in maintaining the heart health.
- Studies have shown that they are a great way to improve memory as they support creation of brain cells and provide nourishment to neurons.
- You can switch regular milk with almond milk because it is just 30 calories/cup.
- Almonds are one of the most accessible sources of plant protein which is very healthy.
Soaked Almonds Benefits
- They can help in boosting energy.
- May help in treating constipation.
- Aid in bettering digestion.
- Badam Giri has been known to work wonders in blood pressure regulation.
- May do a lot of good during pregnancy.
Fun Fact: It’s believed that almonds are not really nuts at all. They are actually seeds. Isn’t that nuts?
Badam Giri Suffused Amrutam Products for You:
- Kuntal Care Hair Spa
- Brainkey Malt
- B-Feral Combo
- Amrutam Herbal Jam
- Dentkey Malt
- Amrutam Charcoal Face Mask
- Kayakey Body Oil
- Poshak Key Massage Oil
If you don’t already, you have got to start consuming or using Badam Giri regularly. Be it in the soaked fashion, just like my grandmother advises or in the form of dry fruits or almond rich products, because you’ll be sure to see positive changes in your health, body, hair and skin.