For most of us, ‘Happiness is… a good hair day’. We don’t mind spending on branded shampoos, conditioners, and hair styling products just to set our crowning glory. But we don’t need to burn our pockets always. Resorting to simple, inexpensive remedies also works wonders for your hair. One such alternative hair-care therapy is called Ghee or plain clarified butter.
When you simmer butter continuously, the water in it evaporates and, what’s left behind is a solid, nutty-tasting fat called Ghee. It is rich in fatty acids and essential vitamins. It is commonly used in South Asian cuisines and Ayurvedic remedies.
Let’s look at the advantages of applying Ghee on your hair. We will also learn how to apply it to heal common hair issues.
- Ghee can be used as a natural conditioner for your hair. It makes your hair softer and smoother on repeated applications. It also improves the texture of your hair. You just need to mix two tablespoons of Ghee with one tablespoon of Olive oil, to make your own conditioner at home.
- It is useful as a natural hair detangler, anti-frizz, and styling serum. Apply some ghee on wet hair, to detangle and smoothen it.
- Ghee can be applied to your hair and scalp for a relaxing and rejuvenating massage. Besides, it is more nourishing than oil. It promotes healthy hair by calming your senses and increasing the blood circulation to the scalp. It also restores moisture in your hair. Massage your hair with Ghee and Coconut oil in the ratio of 3:1.
- It can be used to treat dandruff and dryness. All you need to do is to massage lukewarm Ghee and Almond oil on your scalp and wash it off rose water. Notice the difference within two applications, in a month!
- It can be applied to prevent split ends. Put a decent amount of Ghee on the affected area and spread a wide-toothed comb to spread it throughout. Keep this highly-potent mask on for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with Amrutam Kuntal Care Shampoo.
- It is useful to get shiny and glossy hair for any occasion, naturally. Put some lukewarm ghee on your tresses. Let it stay for 20 minutes before you rinse it off with warm water.
- It is helpful to strengthen and grow your hair. Apply some Ghee and leave it on overnight. Wash your hair with Onion juice the next morning. Do this ritual 2-3 times a month.
- Ghee can be used to treat premature greying of hair. Do an intensive DIY treatment at home, by applying hot Ghee on your hair and massaging it for 5-10 minutes. Apply steam or wrap a hot towel on your hair to stimulate deep nourishment. Post which, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Ghee is helpful in curing bald patches and hair repair. For this, you need to drink milk, mixed with ghee and turmeric powder.
Do try the above remedies and let us know what worked for you. Now let your hair do the talking.