You all must have seen the beauty of different flowers that adds up life to a dull place but have you ever contemplated how these flowers can add up life to a dull body? Well, Ayurveda has given us a flower that works magically for the human body, it is the Guduhal or Hibiscus. It can be seen in India at every place. The common color is red and it is also the most effective type of color that can help us to lead a healthy life.
|First cultivated in||China|
|Common names||Rose mallow, Chinese hibiscus|
|Scientific name||Hibiscus rosa-sinesis|
Guduhal has many species. This plant is familiar with the warm-temperate, subtropical, and tropical regions. Its height varies from a shrub to a small tree, that has leaves that are 6 inches long. The flowers to this plant are large and trumpet-shaped that can be of any color like white, pink, red, orange, peach, yellow, or purple. The fruit is mostly dry and can be of either red or white color.
Fact- the name of this plant is derived from Greek (ibiskos).
Guduhal for healthy hair
This plant can be used to have long and shiny hair as it has cleansing properties and anti-oxidants that help the hair to grow, stay healthy and clean.
Here are some benefits for your flawless hair:
- As this plant contains invigorating compounds that have flavonoids and amino acids, it helps to enhance the blood circulation that can make the nutrients pass in the roots through the blood easily. Thus, it promotes hair growth. Due to its amino acids, it triggers keratin production in the cell.
- It protects the scalp from UVB rays and acts as a sunscreen to the hair. The cleansing properties help to balance the pH level. Hence making the hair oil-free
- The natural pigments, anti-oxidants, and vitamin-C can bring out the natural shine to the hair. Therefore, resolving the problem of premature greying of hair.
- Due to its anti-microbial properties, it helps to get rid of dandruff from the scalp and pacify Vata dosha that causes dry dandruff flakes.
- It has mucilage fiber that helps to prevent the breakage of hair, which manages to resolve the problem of split-ends and also conditions the hair.
- This plant stops the excess oil in the hair by balancing the sebaceous glands which produce an oily substance called sebum.
Regrow your hair with the benefits of Onion Oil
How to make your own Guduhal hair shampoo and pack?
As this plant has so many benefits for hair, it is the best thing to apply on hair. As it has cooling effects, so it helps to control the Pitta dosha. Due to its cleansing properties, it removes dirt and at last, moisturizes the scalp. This Gudahal shampoo and pack are easy to make products.
Steps to make your own Guduhal shampoo:
- Take some Gudahal flowers according to the length of your hair.
- Put these flowers in a bowl.
- Take some leaves and put them in the bowl.
- In the bowl add a cup of water.
- Put the bowl on the gas stove and let it boil once.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of gram flour after the bowl cools down (Gram flour pacifies Pitta and Kapha doshas).
- Strain it and blend the remaining.
- Now use this as a substitute for your chemical-based shampoos.
Steps to make your own Guduhal pack:
- Just take some petals and leaves of the plant in equal proportion.
- Blend them to make a smooth paste.
- Add some aloe vera gel to the mixture (it helps to pacify Pitta dosha and balances Vata and Kapha dosha)
- Apply it on your scalp before the wash and leave the mixture for 45 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
Preparation of Guduhal tea and its benefits
For centuries Egyptians, Africans, and many other people have been using Guduhal tea as a means to treat fever. It is filled with anti-oxidants and vitamin-C which treats most of the health problems.
Want to make it at your home? Just follow these steps:
- Take 2 cups of fresh Guduhal petals and put it in a bowl.
- Add 8 cups of water to this bowl.
- Put it on gas and let it cook for about 10-20 minutes.
- Now take 1/4 cup honey and 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice. Add this to the bowl of Guduhal petals and water (you can also add basil or lemongrass).
- Serve this tasty tea either hot or cold.
Pacify your Vata and Pitta doshas with our Sharbat With Extracts Of Anar
Some health benefits of Guduhal tea:
- This tea helps to fight the free radicals, that cause damage to the cells due to its anti-oxidants.
- Lower both types of blood pressure (systolic and diastolic blood pressure).
- It is good for the digestive and immune systems.
- Its flower can be helpful to reduce weight as it lowers the cholesterol level.
- It helps in heavy bleeding during the menstruation cycle.
- As it has anti-bacterial thus it helps to prevent UTIs.
- It treats hypertension and anxiety.
Tips- you can also make other things like jams, soups, sauces, etc with the Guduhal plant.
In conclusion, Guduhal can be used in many ways be it a shampoo or a tea. As it has vitamin C and anti-oxidants it works as a cleanser for the body. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, it fights all the harmful bacteria and cures fever by lowering the temperature. If you need a healthy product to clean your hair and make them healthy by increasing blood circulation then it is a perfect way to eliminate the harmful paraben based hair products from your life. Therefore it can be used in every possible way.