From teeny tiny babies to fully grown adults, Jaitun/Olives are a storehouse of innumerable benefits. Green, purple or black, Jaitun/Olives are the perfect fruit to include in our daily diet.
I remember the faint smell of a particular oil that came out of a green cuboid of a container. My mother would apply it on my body as a kid and then on my brother’s when he was just a little baby. And not just at my place, that familiar green cuboid was something I saw in many households. Frankly, I didn’t appreciate the smell much. But now that I’m older, nostalgia hits me pretty hard when I remember that oil’s noticeably specific smell.
You guessed it. It was Jaitun Tel (Olive Oil). If you haven’t heard Jaitun before that’s because they are more commonly known by the name of Olive. They are small fruits that grow on trees. They are round in shape and are so distinct in color that they have a color named after them (Olive Green).
Jaitun‘s Scientific Roots
Olea Europea is Jaitun‘s scientific name. The name literally translates to European Olive.
Olives have a family that they belong to and that is the Oleaceae family and the trees that olives generate from are customarily found in the Mediterranean Basin.
Fun Fact: Jaitun are related to Cherries, Mangoes, Peaches, Almonds and Pistachios.
Jaitun– The Storehouse of Health Benefits
If you think of Jaitun or Olives, and usually picture them on top of a Pizza or as a pickle then that’s going to change very soon.
Olives and Olive Oil, both are like vaults of health benefits. They can provide with you with numerous natural advantages that you might go looking for in tablets.
In fact, it’s a common misconception or a result of lack of information that Olives individually don’t do much good health-wise.
Fun Fact: The largest type of Olive is called a ‘Donkey Olive‘ and the smallest type is called a ‘Bullet‘.
Eat Jaitun Because:
- Olives lower blood pressure
- they have anti-cancerous properties
- studies indicate that they also tend to reduce bone loss
- they lessen the chances of osteoporosis
- as they have antioxidants they work wonders for the body
- Black Jaituns are a great source of Iron
Consume Jaitun Oil Because:
- It protects against heart disease
- Eating food cooked in it helps maintain weight
- Using it proves to lower cholesterol levels
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and hence could be good or digestion
- It is also a source of healthy monounsaturated fats
- Has shown to improve bone health
For Your Skin Because:
- It is rich in several minerals and Vitamin E, A, K and B
- Is widely used in treating damaged skin
- It stimulates new cell generation
- Reduces dryness and wrinkles
- Protects against sun damage
- Works as an excellent aftershave soother
- Helps get rid of itchy skin
For Your Hair Because:
- It works as a natural hair conditioner
- Consequently it conditions both roots and the scalp
- It mitigates and helps avoid scalp infections
- It moisturizes hair and gives them shine
- Subsequently, it also reduces dandruff
- Thickens hair and gives them bounce
- Helps in smoothing out split-ends
- Is a great way to remove head lice
Fun Fact: The first ever eye-shadow was created by mixing charcoal with Olive oil.
No Side Effects of Jaitun
In fact, another strong reason to use Jaitun as much as possible is that it has next to no side effects. If you don’t have any major allergies or aren’t particularly allergic to Olives or Olive oil, there is nothing to worry about while consuming or using olives or olive oil.
Top Amrutam Products With Jaitun
The best way to include Jaitun in your daily life is to use products rich with Olives and Olive Oil. Most Amrutam care products have Jaitun as a main ingredient that help you give your skin, hair and body a glow o health from within. The top picks are as follows:
- Kayakey Body Oil
- Kuntal Care Hair Spa and Oil Combo
- Amrutam’s Stay Fab Box– With Bhringaraj Hair Therapy, Amrutam Face CleanUp, Ashtagandha Body Lotion, and Kuntal Care Hair Spa With HEMP
- Amrutam Chandan & Poshak Key Massage Oil
- Kuntal Care Hair Spa
Olives/ Jaitun are an ingredient replete with benefits of different sorts. They have almost no disadvantages and are an amazing source of all kinds of health benefits. Be it hair, skin or the internal beauty of the body, olives are there to keep everything working smoothly.
On the whole, try to use Jaitun as much as you can in whatever way you can, and you’ll notice major changes in your body. You’ll realize your skin to be a little more glowing, your hair a bit more shiny and a special inner radiance of health.