Here’s a glimpse of what happened at Amrutam last week!
What’s new at Amrutam
- Did you know that in ancient India people used iron, copper and aluminium utensils for their mineral and medicinal properties? Even today if you go and ask your grandparents about their fond memories of childhood, they will tell you how they ate food in utensils made of mud and drank water from the earthen pot. We have curated a list of these 5 Sustainable Lifestyle Practices from Ancient India for you!
- According to Ayurveda, having excessively painful periods is not considered normal. Periods can be painful when our habits are not in sync with our Prakruti which further cause imbalance in our Dosha. Simple things like incorporating fresh fruits, veggies in your diet and exercising can really help with managing your menstrual health. Follow these 6 Steps to Better Menstrual Health today. 😊
- Speaking of periods, a lot of us have questions on menopause and the complications of the different stages of periods. In this live session, Dr. Esha Chainani, founder of @premaahealth debunks myths about periods and how we can be in better control of our internal health! Check it out now!
- If you are new to our newsletter community, let us tell you about #AmrutamRecycle project where you can request Team Amrutam to pick up 10 or more Amrutam PET bottles and jars and we will have them picked from your address and process these bottles to reuse! This is our way of contributing to better environmental health. 😀
- Currently, a student of grade tenth, Abhinishtha Mishra is an up-and-coming vocalist whose musical brilliance has taken the country by a storm. The youngest artist to have performed in the Tansen Sangeet Samaroh, she is also the recipient of the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training Scholarship for Hindustani Classical Vocal Music. Her prodigious victories at an impressionable age have led her to be recognized as one of the most promising faces of Gwalior Gharana.
A quote we like
“Have you ever thought about how girls don’t just simply decide to hate their bodies, we teach them to.”
- We are so happy to share with you that Amrutam was featured in this edition of Femina. The feature read the following:
“Amrutam is an Ayurvedic lifestyle brand and wellness community that believes and endorses the idea of ‘health is beauty’. They aim to build a global community that follows a lifestyle defined by Ayurvedic principles by offering recipes and resources derived from Sanskrit texts and knowledge in Vedas to suit our modern needs. All products are 100% Ayurvedic, cruelty-free, and use no child labour. The basket contains Kuntal Care Hair Spa, Kuntal Care Herbal Shampoo, Kuntal Care Malt and Kuntal Care Hair Oil.”
- Thank you for all the love and support you continue to shower on us! We are supremely grateful. 😊
Articles you might enjoy reading
- Epidemic through Ayurveda by Dr. Surabhi Pathak
- It is no wonder that our ancient science Ayurveda has already mentioned about the Epidemic 5000 years ago. In Charak Samhita, 3rd chapter of Vimansthana there is an explanation about the “Janapadodhwasa.” Janapada means community. Udhwansa means destruction. This deals with the determination of the specific characteristics of the epidemics. The conversation about the epidemic was held between Atreya Rishi and his disciple Agnivesha while roaming the woods near the banks of Ganga river. Read more here.
- 5 Reasons You Must Exfoliate Your Skin during Monsoons
- There are already so many steps involved in our current skincare regimen you must wonder whether we need to exfoliate now, too? Well, the answer is yes, you do. As per Ayurveda, cleansing your skin not only removes the dirt from the upper layer of your skin but exfoliating can do so much more. Here’s a list of 5 simple reasons to explain why you must get onto scrubbing your skin during the rainy season. Read more here.
An Amrutam Expert’s tip on health and wellness
- This week we have our expert from Amrutam.Global Dr. Pooja Sukhatankar sharing her special tips on improving overall health and wellbeing!
- “Incorporate fresh and seasonal fruits in your diets especially bananas that help with collagen boost.”
- If you are looking for a holistic solution for your overall health and wellness, look no further! Book a consultation with Dr. Pooja Sukhatankar on Amrutam.Global today.
That’s all for this week at Amrutam!