According to Maharishi Ayurveda, there are three equal and very important aspects of our mental performance:
- Dhi — learning and comprehension, taken care by Vata dosha
- Dhriti — processing and retention of knowledge, governed by Pitta dosha
- Smriti— memory or recall, controlled by Kapha dosha.
It is very important that for the best mental performance and use our mental potential to the fullest, all of these three factors individually needs to contribute to its peak, and, more importantly, the coordination among the three factors also needs to be excellent.
Ayurveda thus recommends paying complete attention to the three fundamental pillars of good health ie. diet, sleep and lifestyle to achieve this state of mental wellness and a calm balance.
Shankhpushpi For Healthy Brain and Mind
Shankhapushpi is excellent for a healthy brain and mind. It regulates proper blood supply to the brain which helps to keep the mind calm. This helps in fighting sleep disorders and give a proper and peaceful sleep.
Defined by Ayurveda Shankhapushpi or Convolvulus pluricaulis is a home-grown plant. The amount of information received from Ayurveda and other literature revealed the existence of four different plant species under the name of Shankhpushpi, which is used in various Ayurvedic prescriptions described in ancient texts, singly or in combination with other herbs.
Shankpushpi was traditionally used to treat insomnia, fatigue and low energy level. Its main effects are on brain and nerves. It also calms the mind and reduces anxiety, mental stress, work related stress and depression.
Benefits of Shankhpushpi
Shankhpushpi Syrup is known for following healing properties of it.
- Increases mental attention
- Memory booster
- Brain Stimulant
- Improves learning capabilities
- Increases retention power
- Mood Stabilizer
It has great benefits for Kids too
- Improves Memory and Concentration
- Provides Strength to The Brain
- Helps Improving Appetite
- Helps Children with Autism
- Reduce Mental Irritability and Impulsiveness
- Reduces Stress & Depression
- Enhances the overall Functioning of Brain and Nervous System
Any Side Effects?
The main ingredients of Shankhpushpi Syrup are Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus Pluricaulis) and Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri), which are likely safe. Shankhpushpi Syrup contains water extracts of Shankhpushpi and Brahmi. According to most of studies conducted on Shankhpushpi extract and Brahmi extract, these are safe even in larger doses than as used in Shankhpushpi Syrup.